Festival update; entry opening postponed


18 Mar
18Mar

Statement from the committee

During these unprecedented times we feel it is too early to make any final decisions regarding our 2020 Festival and whether we will be able to go ahead as we are planning to. However, we have decided to postpone our entry opening date to Monday 1 June instead of Monday 20 April 2020, to give us a better indication of what lies ahead in the upcoming months of the current Coronavirus pandemic.

We are currently still planning on holding it at its usual time in October half-term (Saturday 24 - Saturday 31). Any future decisions will be made in line with the government's advice and taken to protect the wellbeing of our volunteers, competitors, adjudicator, supporters and the staff at our venue. A final decision will be made by Monday 24 August and those who have entered will be notified if the Festival is to not proceed.

The Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a threat to us all, and the Chief Medical Officer’s prediction is that, if the delaying phase is successful, the flattened peak of the illness will continue throughout April, May and June. 

We are so proud to be part of this fantastic Festival of Dance, but it is the competitors, volunteers and supporters who make it so special. Safety is always paramount but never more so than in this year, 2020.

In the mean time please take care of yourselves, stay safe, stay healthy and keep dancing!!